- In "D'oh! Donuts may get you fired," it's a recipe for trouble when management doesn't like desktop shortcuts or donuts, and the tech pro likes both.
- In an IT soap opera proving why passion and programming don't mix, careers are bound to suffer when dirty dealings enter the workplace.
- Have you heard this one before: "I didn't buy the computer, so why should I take care of it?" That's just one of the ways employees use and abuse their company's computer equipment.
- The foot patrol officer should have been an ally. Instead, he was the company's biggest security problem, especially when he flipped the wrong switch during a nightly run.
- Inspired by "The Emperor's New Clothes" from Hans Christian Andersen comes "The CEO's new software," a tech story about a vain CEO.
This story, "Plot your summer escape with these must-read tech tales," was originally published at InfoWorld.com. Read more crazy-but-true stories in the anonymous Off the Record blog at InfoWorld.com. For the latest business technology news, follow InfoWorld.com on Twitter.