Developed and enforced by the credit card industry, the PCI Data Security Standard contains a set of detailed tenets that every company dealing with customer data should adopt. InfoWorld security expert Roger Grimes explains the best approach to PCI compliance -- and the consequences of failing to do so properly.
This PDF report provides the following benefits:
- Understanding the PCI security tenets
- Outlining the specific PCI DSS requirements
- Providing tips for how to survive a PCI audit
Download the "PCI Compliance Deep Dive report" for the essential details on implementing PCI. One of the most important industrywide computer standards, PCI is also one of the most specific, comprehensive, and prescriptive. PCI compliance is a significant asset for any IT professional who wants to establish a benchmark state of security satisfaction.
InfoWorld has an abundance of security resources for the tech professional. Dig into InfoWorld's trove of real-world enterprise security knowledge:
- Roger A. Grimes covers hot-button security issues in the Security Adviser blog
- Learn how to reduce the security risk posed by malicious activity by employees with the Insider Threat Deep Dive Report
- InfoWorld tells you how to identify and stop online threats in the Malware Deep Dive Report
- Subscribe to InfoWorld's Security Central newsletter for a rundown of security issues in the enterprise