Top nine inkjet multifunction printers
PC World tests and reviews the latest multifunction inkjets. Models start at around $100 and combine a printer, scanner, copier and (sometimes) a fax machine.
These 10 inkjet multifunctions from Canon, HP, and Lexmark range from serviceable low-cost home units to faster and beefier models suitable for small office networks. The prices start at less than $100 and top out between $400 and $500. Considering the features, print quality, and often surprising speed, all of these multifunctions offer a good value. Just be mindful of the differences in their ink costs; if you plan to print a lot of pages, costs can quickly add up.
Our top-rated multifunction is the Canon Pixma MX7600. It's not cheap, but good speed, reasonably priced inks, and great print, scan, and copy quality make it worth the cost. Serious bargain hunters should check out the super-affordable Canon Pixma MP490, though the HP Photosmarts are also well priced and offer better print quality and more affordable ink. For small offices, the HP Officejet Pro 8500 and HP Officejet 6500 have the edge, with fast printing, good quality, and cheap inks, although the feature-rich Lexmark Platinum Pro905 also deserves a close look.
- Canon Pixma MP490
- Canon Pixma MX7600 Inkjet Multifunction Printer
- Canon Pixma MX860 Inkjet MFP
- HP Officejet 6500 Wireless Inkjet MFP
- HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless All-in-One Inkjet MFP
- HP Photosmart C6380
- HP Photosmart C8180 All-in-One Color Inkjet MFP
- HP Photosmart Premium TouchSmart Web All-in-One Printer
- Lexmark Platinum Pro905 All-in-One Printer