- Amazon Web Services runs Amazon Elastic MapReduce, a hosted Hadoop framework running on Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud and its Simple Storage Service
- The Cloudera Enterprise subscription service
- The Datameer Analytics Solution using Hadoop
- The DataStax Enterprise Hadoop software
- Greenplum, a Division of EMC, offers Greenplum HD Enterprise-Ready Apache Hadoop
- The Hortonworks Data Platform
- BigInsights, an unstructured-data cloud service from IBM based on Hadoop
- Karmasphere Analyst, a toolkit to help produce data using Hadoop
- MapR provides an enterprise-ready M5 edition of its Hadoop software
This list features only some of the many vendors offering enterprise Hadoop products and services today. The number of vendors is constantly growing as Hadoop gains steady traction in the data marketplace.
Todd R. Weiss is an award-winning technology journalist and freelance writer who worked as a staff reporter for Computerworld.com from 2000 to 2008. Follow him on Twitter, where his handle is @TechManTalking, or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about BI and Analytics in Computerworld's BI and Analytics Topic Center.