Next week I'm speaking at the InfoWorld SOA Executive Forum, to be held Sept. 16th and 17th in NYC. I'm doing a keynote talk on Tuesday morning entitled SOA in the Combat Zone: How to Succeed with SOA the First Time and Never Make a Mistake. With a title like that you can expect some useful real world perspective around SOA, including what works, what does not work, and how all this fits into the concept of the emerging Web. Looking forward to the presentation.
Here is what I'll be looking for at the event:
- Real SOA, not just JBOWS (just a bunch of Web services).
- Something that resembles architecture, using a good approach.
- SOA architects that have changed the culture to succeed, and how they did it.
- Good technology that works as advertised.
- The current state of the practice of SOA.
Catch up with me at the event; I'll be the guy with the laptop. :-)
See you next week in New York.