Last week Microsoft told us it would begin splitting Office updates between two Patch Tuesdays. The nonsecurity patches will appear on the first Tuesday of the month, and security patches will be released on the second Tuesday.
That's a marked improvement over the previous system, in which patches for Windows and Office appeared on 11 different days last month.
On Tuesday, Microsoft released a massive collection of nonsecurity patches, but it has yet to post a list of the patches. Confirming the notion that dummies rush in where angels fear to tread, I offer the following list.
First, the outlier: Office 365 Click-to-Run was updated on April 4, to version 16.0.6769.2015, with a handful of feature updates (improvements to Power Query in Excel, and PowerPoint Designer) and a short list of nonsecurity patches.
Office 2016 patches released on April 5:
- KB 3114856: Language Interface Pack, translates some terms in multiple languages
- KB3114968: Fixes issues with SharePoint library sync
- KB3114864: Fixes OneDrive for Business bug
- KB3114903: Updates the Dengxian font family (Chinese release)
- KB3114970: Translates terms in multiple languages. Fixes slow Outlook performance, SharePoint checkout bug, and issue with saving a document as a PDF file in Word 2016 and the PDF file is not displayed as the corresponding PostScript name
- KB3114854: Fixes the unhandled exception error when opening in safe mode
- KB3114971: Improves PowerPoint 2016 so it can play back the Morph transition in slide shows
- KB3114535: Improves PowerPoint 2016 so that it can play back the Morph transition in slide shows -- for the second time
- KB3114712: Fixes a different SharePoint checkout bug
- KB3114965: Fixes the following: "When you try to insert an app in Office 2016 applications, not only the apps for Office 2016 but also the apps for Office 2013 are displayed"
- KB3114958: Improves PowerPoint 2016, so it can play back the Morph transition inslide shows (for the third time); fixes bugs in PowerPoint font options and slow scrolling in Excel worksheets with shapes
- KB3114694: No description given -- none at all
- KB3114860: Fixes double-byte character set bugs in form controls
- KB3114859: Improves PowerPoint 2016 so that it can play back the Morph transition in slide shows" -- for the fourth time
- KB2920720: Fixes -- for the second time -- an issue with saving a document as a PDF file in Word 2016 and the PDF file is not displayed as the corresponding PostScript name
Office 2013 patches released April 5:
- KB3114977: HTTP 500 error is displayed and Free/Busy information isn't displayed in Outlook 2013 -- this isn't a patch so much as a description of how to manually fix the error
- KB3114974: Adds ability for non-Outlook MAPI applications to use the Autodiscover service in Outlook 2013 -- again, this isn't a patch, it's a set of manual steps to fix the error
- KB3114825: Fixes double-byte character set bugs in form controls
- KB3114941: Translates terms in multiple languages. Adds ability for non-Outlook MAPI apps to use Autodiscover (see KB 3114974 for manual steps). Fixes bugs in changing members of a distribution list in Outlook, in search terms limit, when new contacts aren't created, in race contention on Exchange Server, incorrect search on shared mailboxes, corrupt email attachments, Outlook crash, block access to public folders, and HTTP 500 error (see KB 3114974 for manual steps)
- KB3114815: Fixes an issue with using hyperlinks in kiosk mode in PowerPoint
- KB3114942: Updates junk email filter
- KB3114953: Fixes OneDrive for Business bugs
- KB3039756: Fixes SQL Server Reporting Services search indexing problem and SharePoint mail indexing bug
- KB3114928: Fixes memory leak, MRU list bug, problems updating a sender's cert in contacts, and an issue with saving a document as a PDF file in Word 2016 and the PDF file is not displayed as the corresponding PostScript name
- KB3085587: Fixes -- for the second time -- an issue with saving a document as a PDF file in Word 2016 and the PDF file is not displayed as the corresponding PostScript name
Office 2010 patches released April 5:
- KB3114989: Fixes a bug introduced on March 8 in KB 3085515, which was yanked by Microsoft on March 9 because it broke the ability to open Visual Basic-enabled apps in Access 2010
- KB3114999: Updates the junk email filter
- KB3114996: Fixes race condition with Exchange Server, mauled email attachments, and bad meeting requests
- KB3114867: Updates UI to work around an issue in which the PowerPoint Broadcast Service is unavailable for a Windows Live ID to broadcast
I don't see any patches for Office 2007 or earlier versions of Office. I also don't see any official notification of updates to Office 2013 Click-to-Run.