LibreOffice is already phasing out the use of OpenOffice for many users. But what about Microsoft Office? Well if you're thinking about moving from MS Office to LibreOffice here are a few tips to help you get started.
Remember that LibreOffice is free and open source, so it won't cost you a dime to check it out. And these tips should help you start to get adjusted to using it as your primary office suite.
1. Know which apps in LibreOffice correspond to the same apps in MS Office.
2. Use the LibreOffice Desktop to cut down on using the start menu.
3. Understand that LibreOffice (unlike MS Office) does not include personalized menus.
4. Be sure to save your files in MS Office format so you can share them with MS Office users.
5. A lot of the keyboard shortcuts in MS Office also work in LibreOffice.
Five tips for migrating from Microsoft Office to LibreOffice | Tech Republic
This article is published as part of the IDG Contributor Network. Want to Join?