Here's how you can download the free Adobe Reader app for Android.
1. Go to the Google Play page for the free app Adobe Reader.
2. Tap the Install button.
Here's a description of Adobe Reader:
"The global standard for reliably viewing and sharing PDF documents
Adobe® Reader® is the free, trusted leader for reliably viewing and interacting with PDF documents across platforms and devices. Install the free Adobe Reader mobile app to work with PDF documents on your Android tablet or phone. Easily access, manage, and share a wide variety of PDF types, including PDF Portfolios, password-protected documents, fillable forms, and Adobe LiveCycle® rights-managed PDF.
View PDF documents
• Quickly open PDF documents from email, the web, or any app that supports "Share"
• View PDF Portfolios, password-protected PDFs, annotations, and drawing markups
• Search text to find specific information
• Select single page or continuous scroll modes
• Easily zoom in on text or images for a closer view
Store and access documents in the cloud with Acrobat.com
• Share files across all of your desktop and mobile devices with Acrobat.com
• Automatically save changes back to the cloud
Navigate through PDF content
• Use bookmarks to jump directly to a section in your PDF document
• Quickly navigate through large documents using thumbnails
• Tap on links in a PDF to open linked web pages
Annotate and comment on PDF documents
• Provide feedback using the highlight, strikethrough, and underline tools
• Easily mark up PDF content with the freehand drawing tool
• Add comments anywhere in your PDF with sticky notes
• Add text with the Add Text tool
Fill out forms
• Quickly fill out PDF forms
• Have confidence that the form is correct with field validation, calculation, and formatting.
• Save, sign, and forward forms to others
Organize your documents
• Create folders to make organizing and finding documents easier
• Make copies of documents to mark up or to use as templates
• Rename documents
• Easily select and delete multiple documents
Electronically sign documents
• Get documents signed with Adobe EchoSign using “Send for Signature”
• Use the Ink Signature tool to sign any document using your finger
• Share PDFs with other applications using "Share"
• Email PDFs as attachments
English, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish"
This article is published as part of the IDG Contributor Network. Want to Join?