Here's how you can download the Starbucks app free for your iPad, iPhone, iPad mini or iPod Touch.
1. Go to the Starbucks app preview page in iTunes (or tap the link on your iOS device to install the app directly).
2. Click the View in iTunes button.
3. Click the Free button to download the app.
4. Sync your iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad mini with iTunes to install the app.
Here's a description and screenshot:
"The official iPhone application from Starbucks! In addition to paying from Starbucks for iPhone, you can now add a Starbucks Card to Passbook. It’s the fastest way to pay at Starbucks – just scan and go!
With Starbucks for iPhone, you can manage your Starbucks Card balance, reload your card, track your Stars in the My Starbucks Rewards program and send an eGift to a friend. And there’s more!
Our easy-to-navigate store locator points you to the closest store and lets you search by amenities. You can also explore our whole bean coffees, find nutrition information and build your own perfect drink. And if you feel like being social, you can share your location or favorite drinks through Facebook and Twitter.
• My Cards: Pay with your iPhone/iPod Touch at 6,800 U.S. company-operated Starbucks and 2,000 Target and Safeway locations. Check your Starbucks Card balance, reload your card, view your transaction history and transfer balances between cards.
• Add your Starbucks Card to Passbook.
• My Rewards: Track your Stars in the My Starbucks Rewards program.
• eGift: Send an eGift to a friend via email or Facebook wall post.
• Messages inbox to receive Starbucks notifications and special offers.
• Store Locator: Find the closest stores, directions, store hours and amenities.
• Drink Builder: Create and share your perfect Starbucks beverages.
• Food Menu: Browse our delicious food menu and see nutritional info and ingredients. Use filters to help find foods that meet your health and wellness needs.
• Coffee Menu: Explore Starbucks whole bean coffee and find your perfect cup. Starbucks Roast Spectrum sorts our coffees by three roast profiles to help you find the flavor and intensity that is perfect for you."
This article is published as part of the IDG Contributor Network. Want to Join?