Here's how you can download the MapQuest app free for Android devices.
1. Go to the Google Play page for the free app MapQuest.
2. Tap the Install button.
Here's a description of MapQuest:
• Absolutely FREE – There’s no trial period, subscription, or upgrade necessary. You get all these capabilities absolutely free!
• Voice-Guided/Turn-by-Turn Navigation – Your phone speaks to you, telling you when to make a turn.
• Voice Search – Speak your destination or your search, for hands-free input.
• Place Map Toolbar – Look for restaurants, coffee shops, gas stations, etc. with one 1-click.
• Auto Re-route – If you take a wrong turn, it will your route will be automatically adjusted your route to get you to your destination.
• Walking & Driving Directions – Choose to walk or drive and we’ll give you the best route either way.
• Live Traffic Flow/Incidents – Extensive coverage that’s updated every 5 minutes, to help – to keep you on time.
• Map Rotates in Orientation of Travel – So your map is easier to read (with ability the option to lock to north up).
• Save any location as a Favorite from the Details screen for easy access later.
• Touch-points - Long-press anywhere on the map to get a point you can route to.
• Gas Prices - See current gas prices for stations.
• Satellite Maps, CitySearch Reviews, and more!
• OpenStreetMap (OSM) Map Setting - User-sourced maps can provide unique local perspective and detail.
• Bug Logging for OSM – Standing in front of a new building? Report it to the community and they’ll fill in the missing pieces.
• Bug Logging for OSM – Identify trouble spots in the data for an enthusiast to update, improving the maps.
• International Maps – Automatic OSM maps for international users, so you can– allows users to take MapQuest abroad."
This article is published as part of the IDG Contributor Network. Want to Join?