Here are some tips for using social media for your career goals.
1. Don't post or share incriminating photos or videos online. Ever.
2. Know your company's social media policies.
3. Search for yourself online to see what employers might find.
4. Complete your profiles on online services such as LinkedIn.
5. Be honest about your work experience.
6. Never share sensitive company information online.
7. Don't complain about your job or company online.
8. Think carefully before you connect to someone online.
9. Know, understand and use privacy settings on social media services.
For more, see the original article at the link below.
This article is published as part of the IDG Contributor Network. Want to Join?