Here's how you can install Wine 1.7.1 in Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander.
1. Open a terminal window.
2. Type in the following commands then hit Enter after each.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:joe-yasi/yasi
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install wine1.7 winetricks
Wine 1.7.1 Changes
Here's a list of changes in this version of Wine:
- Support for keyed event objects.
- Support for the "init once" synchronization mechanism.
- Activation context support for DLLs, typelibs, and COM classes.
- Support for loading 32-bit typelibs on 64-bit.
- Various Mac driver fixes.
- Some fixes for serial port devices.
- Various bug fixes.
Additional Resources for Wine 1.7.1
Read more: Linux G
This article is published as part of the IDG Contributor Network. Want to Join?