iDownloader is a free app for iOS devices that lets you download files. You can view them on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch or transfer them to your computer.
You can download audio files, video, documents, ebooks and lots more. The app includes a file manager with a ZIP/RAR extractor. It also comes with a document viewer and book reader that supports PDF, DOC, PPT, TXT and other files. There is also an in-app media player that supports music and video playlists.
It never ceases to amaze me how app developers quickly move into fix the shortcomings of Apple's mobile operating system. You'd think that Apple would eventually get a clue and start offering some of the features found in apps like iDownloader. Maybe they will...someday.
- Ultra fast downloading speed
- Up to 50 simultaneous downloads
- Download in background mode (10 min max due to iOS restrictions)
- Supports resumption of interrupted downloads
- Background Video Playback
- Video playback of mp4, m4v, mov, 3gp & m3u8 videos
- Thumbnails view
- AirPlay support (iOS 4.2 or above)
- Video Playlists
- Built in Ad-Blocker!
- Multi-tab Safari-like browser
- Tap and hold to force download
- Full screen mode
- Bookmark manager
- AUTOMATICALLY rename downloaded songs by Artist and Song Title.
- Folder and sub-folder support
- Move, rename and delete files
- Sorting by name, type, size, date
- Extract zip & rar archives
- Full-Featured Photo Viewer with slideshows
- Full-Featured Document Viewer that supports .pdf, .doc, .xls, .ppt, .txt, .html and .rtf file formats
- Video Viewer with Slideshow capabilities
- Open Files in other apps
Password lock your files
- Dot Lock pattern
- Digital Passcode
Additional resources for iDownloader for iOS
This article is published as part of the IDG Contributor Network. Want to Join?