Here's how you can install HotShots 2.1.0 in Linux Mint 16. HotShots is a lightweight screenshot utility.
1. Open a terminal window.
2. Type in the following commands then hit Enter after each.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:samrog131/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install hotshots
HotShots is a lightweight screenshot tool with editing options. It has the same features as Shutter despite the fact that it is lighter.
- Speed up launch time
- Add option for mouse cursor in snapshot
- Add User defined action on click/double-click tray icon
- Editor: add group alignment (vertical/horizontal)
- Editor: add rescale background image panel
- Change Windows grabbing code on windows platform
- Editor: correct invalid save/restore position for text itemMore at Linux G
Additional resources for HotShots
This article is published as part of the IDG Contributor Network. Want to Join?