Here's how you can change the Chrome OS version channel on your Chromebook. This will allow you to use the stable, beta or developer channel.
1. Go to Settings via the system panel.
2. Select the Help option on the settings page.
3. Choose the Change Channel button.
4. You have three channel options: Stable, Beta or Developer (Unstable).
5. Select your preferred channel and that version of Chrome OS will be installed.
6. Reboot your system to use the new channel.
The way Google develops Chrome is through three channels: Stable, Beta, and Developer. Stable is the standard version of Chrome, Beta is the channel where experimental features are incorporated before making the Stable channel, and the Developer channel is where alpha features are tested.More at ZDNet
Additional resources for Chromebooks
This article is published as part of the IDG Contributor Network. Want to Join?