Google App Engine simplifies the problem of deploying and scaling Web applications, but not without a few wrinkles and question marks
• Analysis: Do new Web tools spell doom for the browser?
The Web is evolving into a full-fledged app-delivery platform, calling into question the browser's ability to fulfill the needs of today's rich Internet apps
• Special report: Rich Web development tools bring bling to the browser
• The Test Center guide to rich Web app dev tools
Frameworks for rich Internet applications can be lightweight or heavyweight, open or closed, and almost anything in between
• Analysis: AIR gets rich apps right
Adobe's AIR is safe, fast, versatile, and open, and it will be the standard platform for rich Internet applications
• Hands on: Adventures in lightweight Internet app development
Follow InfoWorld's first steps in lightweight app development for emerging mobile devices and desktop widgets
• Review: Adobe breathes fresh AIR into RIA
Adobe's rich Internet application toolkit lifts Flash and AJAX out of the browser and onto the desktop
• Review: Microsoft Silverlight rivals Flash, AJAX
Redmond's new rich Internet application boasts strong development tools, a small browser footprint, and cross-platform support
• Review: Curl 6.0 enrichens the rich Internet toolkit
Latest release is highlighted by easier customization, more sophisticated effects, AJAX interoperability, and a native-looking Mac port
• Review: WaveMaker’s point-and-click Java
WaveMaker Visual Ajax Studio and Rapid Deployment Framework make a fast and simple facade for Hibernate and Tomcat
• Review: Refining the art of enterprise Web apps
JackBe Presto and Nexaweb Enterprise Web 2.0 Suite converge on a powerful and productive model for server-side mashups supporting AJAX clients
• Review: Top AJAX tools deliver rich GUI goodness
Backbase, Bindows, JackBe, and Tibco General Interface bring fat features to enterprise Web clients
• Review: Inside open source AJAX toolkits
• Blog: Neil McAllister | Fatal Exception
• Blog: Martin Heller | Strategic Developer
• Blog: Tom Yager | Ahead of the Curve
This weekend's Windows 10 upgrade has users angry, and it's unclear if the ploy will continue
Here’s the best of the best for Windows 10. Sometimes good things come in free packages
Speaking at the O'Reilly Fluent conference, Eich also endorsed the Service Workers mobile app...
Spoiler alert: There probably isn't. But that shouldn't cause anyone to panic aside from Wall Street...
Oracle says Java EE 8 will be equipped for cloud deployments, microservices, containers, and...
IoT will soon permeate every aspect of our lives -- the very definition of sprawl. How will we derive...
Git was made for distributed teams, but long distances introduce special challenges