Google App Engine simplifies the problem of deploying and scaling Web applications, but not without a few wrinkles and question marks
• Analysis: Do new Web tools spell doom for the browser?
The Web is evolving into a full-fledged app-delivery platform, calling into question the browser's ability to fulfill the needs of today's rich Internet apps
• Special report: Rich Web development tools bring bling to the browser
• The Test Center guide to rich Web app dev tools
Frameworks for rich Internet applications can be lightweight or heavyweight, open or closed, and almost anything in between
• Analysis: AIR gets rich apps right
Adobe's AIR is safe, fast, versatile, and open, and it will be the standard platform for rich Internet applications
• Hands on: Adventures in lightweight Internet app development
Follow InfoWorld's first steps in lightweight app development for emerging mobile devices and desktop widgets
• Review: Adobe breathes fresh AIR into RIA
Adobe's rich Internet application toolkit lifts Flash and AJAX out of the browser and onto the desktop
• Review: Microsoft Silverlight rivals Flash, AJAX
Redmond's new rich Internet application boasts strong development tools, a small browser footprint, and cross-platform support
• Review: Curl 6.0 enrichens the rich Internet toolkit
Latest release is highlighted by easier customization, more sophisticated effects, AJAX interoperability, and a native-looking Mac port
• Review: WaveMaker’s point-and-click Java
WaveMaker Visual Ajax Studio and Rapid Deployment Framework make a fast and simple facade for Hibernate and Tomcat
• Review: Refining the art of enterprise Web apps
JackBe Presto and Nexaweb Enterprise Web 2.0 Suite converge on a powerful and productive model for server-side mashups supporting AJAX clients
• Review: Top AJAX tools deliver rich GUI goodness
Backbase, Bindows, JackBe, and Tibco General Interface bring fat features to enterprise Web clients
• Review: Inside open source AJAX toolkits
• Blog: Neil McAllister | Fatal Exception
• Blog: Martin Heller | Strategic Developer
• Blog: Tom Yager | Ahead of the Curve
You may still be better off sticking with Win7 or Win8.1, given the wide range of ongoing Win10...
Microsoft buried a Get Windows 10 ad generator inside this month's Internet Explorer security patch for...
Here’s the best of the best for Windows 10. Sometimes good things come in free packages
The creator of Linux talks in depth about the kernel, community, and how computing will change in the...
A long, rocky relationship with Apple products and tech support culminates with a tangled up Apple ID...
The iOS Web Debugger for Visual Studio Code is the latest attempt by Microsoft to woo iOS developers
APIs not only bridge the gap between microservices and traditional systems, they make microservices...