Time will tell what Google delivers. In the meantime, this is a good sandbox for playing with simple database applications. There's a very good reason why the beta version has a waiting list.
• Analysis: Do new Web tools spell doom for the browser?
The Web is evolving into a full-fledged app-delivery platform, calling into question the browser's ability to fulfill the needs of today's rich Internet apps
• Special report: Rich Web development tools bring bling to the browser
• The Test Center guide to rich Web app dev tools
Frameworks for rich Internet applications can be lightweight or heavyweight, open or closed, and almost anything in between
• Analysis: AIR gets rich apps right
Adobe's AIR is safe, fast, versatile, and open, and it will be the standard platform for rich Internet applications
• Hands on: Adventures in lightweight Internet app development
Follow InfoWorld's first steps in lightweight app development for emerging mobile devices and desktop widgets
• Review: Adobe breathes fresh AIR into RIA
Adobe's rich Internet application toolkit lifts Flash and AJAX out of the browser and onto the desktop
• Review: Microsoft Silverlight rivals Flash, AJAX
Redmond's new rich Internet application boasts strong development tools, a small browser footprint, and cross-platform support
• Review: Curl 6.0 enrichens the rich Internet toolkit
Latest release is highlighted by easier customization, more sophisticated effects, AJAX interoperability, and a native-looking Mac port
• Review: WaveMaker’s point-and-click Java
WaveMaker Visual Ajax Studio and Rapid Deployment Framework make a fast and simple facade for Hibernate and Tomcat
• Review: Refining the art of enterprise Web apps
JackBe Presto and Nexaweb Enterprise Web 2.0 Suite converge on a powerful and productive model for server-side mashups supporting AJAX clients
• Review: Top AJAX tools deliver rich GUI goodness
Backbase, Bindows, JackBe, and Tibco General Interface bring fat features to enterprise Web clients
• Review: Inside open source AJAX toolkits
• Blog: Neil McAllister | Fatal Exception
• Blog: Martin Heller | Strategic Developer
• Blog: Tom Yager | Ahead of the Curve
You may still be better off sticking with Win7 or Win8.1, given the wide range of ongoing Win10...
Now that we're down to the wire, many upgraders report that the installer hangs. If this happens to...
Angular 3 will have better tooling and will generate less code; Google also is promising a new major...
Well-tended Python framework offers wide selection of robust algorithms, but no deep learning
Microsoft is building new analytics tools to help companies better manage small and virtual teams
The first rule of help desk: Chill out when the heated support calls come in. The solutions will roll...
The challenger to Git and Subversion emphasizes patches over commits and snapshots for distributed...