Well I've been ranting about how much I liked the Restore IT backup product, and some of you mumbled about an uncertain future of this product....well that's because Far Stone has decided to drop the Restore IT name in favor of Drive Clone Pro instead.
More to the point, Drive Clone Pro still gives me everything that I decided I liked in the old Restore IT product, but added some features that has me scratching my head wondering why I so rarely see these features in their competitor's products. Like: incremental file backups can now be by category (picture files, music, desktop folder, video, etc) and will ask you how many different versions of duplicate files you wish to keep....WOW...about freaking time!!!
Actually more to the point, why has it taken so long to see enterprise backup and restore features for individual workstations?
So I screen shot-ed you to death with Restore IT so I'll save your bandwidth and cover why you should dump the backup utility that came with your USB drive and buy a copy of Drive Clone Pro.
- Incremental file backup that is application sensitive and you can specify how many versions to keep.
- Mounting your backup image as a drive
- Image backup verify
- Partition or whole disk cloning
- Support for every USB optical and external drive I could lay my hands on
- 30 day trial downloadable from farstone.com
- Multi-user packs
- FIREWIRE support for external drives
- Bare metal restore capability
- Non-Windows partition image backup (Linux EXT2/3 and others)
All in a package that actually works under Vista....
6 Morgan, Suite 160
Irvine, CA 92618