- The dreaded question "Do you have a copy of that?" takes on a different light in this IT horror tale of office backstabbing and daily backups.
- A new hire faces the challenge of dealing with a disgruntled coworker.
- Corporate goodfellas and the red tape litter this tale of how feuds between departments all too often create inefficient work situations.
- In "Beware the on-staff backstabber," an IT manager gets fired when a staffer circulates ugly rumors.
- Never try to code complex software with no scope, no requirements, no project plan -- and a programming guru known to be up on all the latest things IT.
- "Another screw-up? You're promoted!" may sound like an oxymoron, but it happened at one company that hired a new IT director who turns out to be a nightmare. He's finally let go, but at what cost to the rest of the company and employees?
- In the story "Lots of talk, few skills," the new network administrator decides to show off his technical expertise. But it becomes very clear that his staff knows more than he does.
- The tech boss' first goal is to look good to top management; completing projects and taking care of employees comes last.
- An IT manager's "hostile termination" plus one missed detail create a memorable IT meltdown -- for the wrong reasons.
- One techie shares a tale of surviving a tough IT project that combined a challenging upgrade and an equally complex working relationship with the associate director and project manager.