- A newly hired tech specialist at a fast food chain discovers why the restaurants have a policy of "No photos, please." Hint: It's not due to swarms of dining paparazzi.
- A CFO with no understanding of IT calls the shots in this horrifying IT tale, "How to keep your servers moist."
- In the IT tale of "Cable installation gone wild," a lazy installer and a don't-meddle-if-it-kinda-works manager add up to a growing cabling nightmare.
- In "Don't lift a finger," a junior member of the IT support team pushes in the button to shut down a server -- only to discover it's the wrong piece of hardware.
- "Oh, were you using that server?" Yes, as a matter of fact -- unbeknownst to the boss who gives away an "extra" server that's part of the fault-tolerance system when the IT admin goes on vacation.
- As one IT worker learns in "That orderly shutdown wasn't so orderly," sometimes the best way to show the boss the other side of the argument is by accidentally demonstrating the emergency scenario.
You may still be better off sticking with Win7 or Win8.1, given the wide range of ongoing Win10...
Now that we're down to the wire, many upgraders report that the installer hangs. If this happens to...
Based on a technique created by a German blogger, here's how to stop wasting hours checking for Windows...
These prebuilt LAMP, MEAN, ELK, WordPress, and other handy stacks amount to gain without pain for...
Thanks to stalwarts like MySQL, MongoDB, and Cassandra, the database realm has been a haven for open...
Microsoft’s new collaboration is more than messaging—it’s a platform with three choices for integration...
It never hurts to be a jack-of-all-trades in IT, but you can't plan for some job skills