- A newly hired tech specialist at a fast food chain discovers why the restaurants have a policy of "No photos, please." Hint: It's not due to swarms of dining paparazzi.
- A CFO with no understanding of IT calls the shots in this horrifying IT tale, "How to keep your servers moist."
- In the IT tale of "Cable installation gone wild," a lazy installer and a don't-meddle-if-it-kinda-works manager add up to a growing cabling nightmare.
- In "Don't lift a finger," a junior member of the IT support team pushes in the button to shut down a server -- only to discover it's the wrong piece of hardware.
- "Oh, were you using that server?" Yes, as a matter of fact -- unbeknownst to the boss who gives away an "extra" server that's part of the fault-tolerance system when the IT admin goes on vacation.
- As one IT worker learns in "That orderly shutdown wasn't so orderly," sometimes the best way to show the boss the other side of the argument is by accidentally demonstrating the emergency scenario.
Having trouble installing and setting up Win10? You aren’t alone. Here are many of the most common...
Win7 Update scans got you fuming? Here’s how to make the most of Microsoft’s 'magic' speed-up patch
Picking an Android phone can be difficult, but we're here to help. These are the top Android phones you...
SaltStack Enterprise 5.0 draws on high-speed messaging for superior scalability and control, but the...
With a scattershot set of improvements, the new Android version is a fairly minor affair, but there’s...
Miss Yahoo Pipes? Microsoft's low-code tool for application mashups does a better job in meeting...
The programming community's survey also finds that many developers are newcomers to the field