The Software and Information Industry Association's (SIIA) Codie 2011 award winners for software, announced Wednesday afternoon, include some familiar names, such as Salesforce.com, Red Hat, and Adobe, all of whom have been recognized by SIIA before.
Codie awards, which are peer-reviewed, were given out for products and services in the business software industry. Companies self-nominate their products for Codie award contention. Winners were announced at an SIIA event in San Francisco.
Salesforce.com won in the Best Collaboration/Social Networking Solution category, with Salesforce Chatter, as well as in the Best Mobile On-Demand Application category with the Force.com mobile platform. Red Hat, with its Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.5, took top honors in the Best Use of Open Source Technology category. Adobe won Best Content Management Solution for Adobe Acrobat X.
Other winners included:
- Asset Management Solution: Aspera.com from Aspera
- Business or Competitive Intelligence Solution: Plex Online from Plex Systems
- Cloud Infrastructure Application: Zeus Elastic Application Delivery Platform from Zeus Technology
- Cloud Management: Informatica Cloud from Informatica
- Database Solution: MarkLogic Server from MarkLogic
- Digital Rights Management: RightsLink from Copyright Clearance Center
- Document Management: OneFile from Wolters Kluwer Financial Services
- Electronic Commerce Solution: LivePerson Chat Solution for Enterprise from LivePerson
- Enterprise Search: Summon, from ProQuest
- Financial Management: NetSuite from NetSuite
- Human Capital Management: Synygy SPM from Synygy
- Integration Solution: Boomi AtmoSphere from Dell Boomi
- Mobile Operations Management: Good for Enterprise from Good Technology
- Project Management: AtTask from AtTask
- Relationship Management: Zendesk Customer Support Software from Zendesk
- Security Solution: Fortify on Demand from Fortify
- Software Development Solution: Fortify 360 from Fortify
- Supply Chain Management: Panjiva Search for Sourcing from Panjiva
- Systems Management: Netuitive from Netuitive
- Web Services Solution: Aspera.com from Aspera
This article, "Codie awards dominated by familiar names," was originally published at InfoWorld.com. Follow the latest developments in business technology news and get a digest of the key stories each day in the InfoWorld Daily newsletter. For the latest developments in business technology news, follow InfoWorld.com on Twitter.