IDG Enterprise publications, including CIO, Computerworld, CSO Online, InfoWorld, IT World, JavaWorld, and Network World, maintain a shared comment network.
Because the publications share some of their best articles with each other, comments are also shared. Reader comments posted to a story
at one site also appear on the same story published at other IDG Enterprise sites. Similarly, comments in response to an article at one
site may have been initially posted on another IDG Enterprise site. Wherever a given story appears on the IDG Enterprise network, all
readers read and write to the same comment thread.
The IDG Enterprise network of IT publication Web sites that are (or will be) participating in the comment network include CIO, Computerworld, CSO Online, InfoWorld, IT World, JavaWorld, and Network World.
Rules of Engagement
We are grateful to our readers for participating in our online discussions. For the enjoyment of all parties, we ask that all commenters abide by our community's rules.
We do not allow any of the following:
- Personal attacks, insults, harassment, or threatening, offensive, or abusive language.
- Obscene, pornographic, or sexually explicit comments.
- Potentially libelous comments.
- Hateful or mean-spirited comments.
- Plagiarized material or material that violates intellectual property rights, including copyright and trademark.
- Private or personal information published without consent.
- Commercial promotions or spam.
- Comments that are off topic or that link to material that is off topic.
- Comments that violate any law.