People who submit entries to InfoWorl'd's Design the perfect Laptop contest agree to abide by these official rules:
1. SPONSOR: InfoWorld Media Group ("Sponsor"), 501 2nd Street, San Francisco, California 94107, is offering its "Perfect Laptop" contest described in these Official Rules (the "contest").
2. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Void where prohibited or restricted. By entering, each participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any person that Sponsor determines to be in violation of any term contained in these rules.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The contest is open only to individuals who (i) have participated in InfoWorld's "Perfect Laptop" contest prior to the close of the Entry Period (as described below); (ii) are legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, and (iii) are 18 years of age or older at the beginning of the applicable Entry Period. Employees of InfoWorld Media Group, its affiliated companies, parent company, or any third party contest co-sponsor, or any household and/or immediate family members of such employees are ineligible. Limit one Prize per household and/or IP address.
4. TIMING: The contest begins at 3:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") on July 28, 2008 (date). The contest entry ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on September 1, 2008. This is a one-time contest.
6. PRIZE: One (1) prize (“Prize”) will be awarded during the duration of the contest. The odds of winning are dependent on the number of eligible entries received. The Prize, a 16GB Apple iPod Touch, with an approximate retail value of $399, will be offered by the Sponsor. The Prize is non-transferable. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor in the event that a Prize or part thereof cannot be awarded for any reason; in such event, Sponsor will, at its sole discretion, award a substitute Prize or part thereof of equal or greater value. A Prize winner is solely responsible for any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes (including where applicable, sales tax) due with respect to a Prize awarded to him/her, as well as all applicable fees and expenses related to the acceptance, award, and use of a Prize.
7. JUDGING: The winner of the Prize will be selected at the sole discretion of the InfoWorld editorial staff. Submissions will be judged on "innovation that could be realistically considered by a notebook designer in the next five years."